The Resource Conservation District of the Santa Monica Mountains (RCDSMM) takes your privacy seriously, seeking to ensure that the information you share with us is treated responsibly and respectfully. This privacy statement informs you of RCDSMM policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive directly from you and/or users of the Site.
By using this website and providing RCDSMM with Personal Information, you agree to the terms of this policy.
Collecting Personal Information
RCDSMM may collect and use the following kinds of Personal Information:
- Information you provide while conducting business with RCDSMM or using our website may include, but is not limited to: your name, email address, and zip code.
- Standard information about your use of the website, including: your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address, browser type (Chrome, Firefox, etc.), browser version, the pages on our website you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spend on those pages and other statistics. RCDSMM uses Google Analytics to collect, monitor, and analyze our website visitor activity. Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Using Personal Information
RCDSMM may use your Personal Information to:
- Provide information that you request
- Administer the website
- Personalize the website for you
- Send newsletters, marketing or promotional materials or other information to accomplish the RCDSMM mission. You will always have the option to unsubscribe from these communications.
RCDSMM will never sell your personal information. Where RCDSMM discloses your personal information to its agents or sub- contractors for the purposes identified elsewhere above, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified above, RCDSMM may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
By providing RCDSMM with Personal Information, you agree to the collection and use of the information in accordance with this policy.
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information, at any time, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Resource Conservation District of the Santa Monica Mountains, 540 S Topanga Canyon Blvd., Topanga, CA, 90290, United States. To opt out of emails, you can simply hit the Unsubscribe link, which sits at the bottom of every email that RCDSMM sends.
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
When you click on links on our Site, they may direct you away from our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
Questions and Contact Information
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at Resource Conservation District of the Santa Monica Mountains, 540 S Topanga Canyon Blvd., Topanga, CA, 90290, United States.
Last Updated: September 8, 2020